Forms are often a key part of websites: they allow users to buy things, sign up, participate, communicate, and get things done. But why are so many online forms confusing, cluttered, and difficult to use?
In this session you'll learn:
- The three most important things you can do to make a form easier to fill out.
- The best way to style a form with CSS to make sure it looks good on any browser, device or screen size.
- Which HTML elements and attributes to use to make sure your form is accessible, is understandable, and shows up correctly on the screen.
- How to validate form data and provide useful error messages — but also how you can help users fill in the correct information before submitting.
- What you need to do so that your form is easy to complete on a touch screen.