I am an artist and a developer. I write CSS for work but when I make art I don't change my weapons.
CSS is very easy to understand and with the help of preprocessors such as Sass we can add just enough logic to give us room for creativity.
This talk will have a lot of live demos and include a LIVE CODING session.
Things to expect:
- Inspirational talk about art and why we need it
- basics of creating art in CSS
- browsers and their limits (and why I never worry)
- demos and live coding* combining HTML with SVG and CSS animations
- thinking about the future (web animations and such)