The case for the CSS Grid Layout module being the future of content layout has been made by Rachel Andrews. There is currently no clear upgrade path for developers to move away from their current Grid Systems and Frameworks. With some new naming conventions and our favorite preprocessor there is a way to start coding for Grid Layout now.
- Finding structural patterns in responsive UIs and abstracting them to reusable layouts
- Death to classes like .col-xs-4 and .span_8of12; naming your layouts
- The role of Flexbox and Grid Systems in transition to Grid layout
- Implementing today's designs with Grid Layout* Using Grid frameworks as a fallback
- Using Sass functions and mixins to transition from Susy or Singularity.gs to Grid Layout